Saturday, October 26, 2013

Product Review - October 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

It came! It finally came! So it's currently the 17th and I got my bag yesterday in the mail, and I am super excited to share it with you guys. Just in case you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription service that is just 10$ a month. You get both full size products and deluxe size samples, and you get 3-5 products each month along with a cut makeup bag. This month's theme was "The Art of Beauty."

The Goods:

First up is the bag! This month's makeup bag looks really similar to the first Ipsy bag I received back in April. It's a white bag with pink trim and pink lining. The front of the bag has a quote in cutsie pink lettering that says:
Love of beauty is taste.
The creation of beauty is art.


The first thing I pulled out of the package this month was a Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush with natural hair. 
"This medium sized, versatile brush is ideal for applying any type of eye shadow. The pony haired bristles are both wide in shape and condensed, while remaining evenly distributed. This allows the artist to uniformly cover the whole eyelid in just a few simple strokes, which saves not only time, but eye shadow as well. This professional cosmetic brush can also be used for shading the crease and highlighting the brow bone with complete precision."
It is super soft and the handle is made of sturdy wood. I have heard really good things about their brushes. One of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus, Lauren Curtis, uses them all the time. I cannot wait to try this out. 
[]Pass [X]Buy


Up next is the Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion.
"Smooth on this soothing, deeply nourishing organic body lotion that is clinically proven to improve skin elasticity. Moroccan Argan Oil, packed with restorative omega fatty acids, intensely hydrates and replenishes skin, while vitamin-rich coconut oil smoothes and softens. Advanced non-greasy formula is incredibly gentle for sensitive skin and won't clog pores. 100% natural. USDA-certified organic. Gluten-Free. Vegan."
 OMG, you guys, this stuff smells amazing! Like, it smells like your own personal tropical island. It is super hydrating and definately worth the money if you get nasty dry skin like I do. You can purchase these online, or you can get them at Target.
[]Pass [X]Buy


I got another nail polish! Yay! This is my fourth nail polish from Ipsy, and only my second Zoya ever. I got the shade Neve.
"Zoya Nail Polish in Neve can be best described as sapphire blue metallic."
The polish looks like a gorgeous deep purple in the bottle, but when you swatch it, it's actually a lovely deep, shimmery bruise blue, haha. It's beautiful and I am super happy to have another Zoya in my collection. 
[]Pass [X]Buy


I got another hair product this month. I received the Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay.
"A non-traditional clay in a spray form. With this new innovative aerosol application it allows for a fine and even product distribution to achieve an allover textured look with a matte finish. This product is great for all hair types needing added texture and movement with a dry, non-waxy hold."
This, I have not used yet, but I have mixed feelings about it. I don't usually put product in my hair, and I got the Healthy Sexy Hair Beachy Waves spray and really liked it, so I guess this spray is more of a fall/winter alternative for that. 
[?]Pass [?]Buy


My last product, I am majorly excited about. It's the Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmer in the shade Emotion.
"8-in-1 Mineral Shimmers" can be used for lids, lips, hair, nails, and body. 
The color!!!!!!! It's gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! It's like a medium plum shimmer, and I want to dip myself in it, it's just that pretty. 
[]Pass [X]Buy




Price Summary:
Coastal Scents Brush (FULL SIZE) - 2.49$
Nourish Organic Lotion - 1.50$
Zoya Neve (FULL SIZE!) - 8.00$
Spray Clay - 6.03$
Bella Terra Shimmer - 11.99$

Total: 30.01$

I was almost really upset with this bag. The only product I won't use to it's full potential is the hair spray. I may end up giving it to my mom, but I do use texturizer when I curl my hair, so who knows. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you want to subscribe to Ipsy for only 10$ a month, click here to take the style quiz. Come back soon!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment