Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 2014 Starlooks Starbox Makeup Subscription Review

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I got my February Starbox just a few days ago.  I've had some time to play with the products a little. Monday February 24 was the first day I got to wear them out of the house. I wore them while I was at work from 5-9, so I have a bit of an idea on how well they wear. If you'd like to subscribe to Starbox, just click here to start with your style quiz. Also, since this was my 3rd month in a row getting my Starbox, I qualified for free gift! I'll talk about that in a second. So let's get started.

Let's talk about this month's actual box. It is so cute! I love that it's brown this month instead of white. The holographic logo is stunning, as well. It changes colors at different angles. I always keep the box to use later, in case I need a small box for a gift, but this one I will be keeping for myself.



The box always comes with a card showing the look for the month. On the back of the card, it details all the products you got this month, including the other color options for this month. The price of each is also included. 


First up is the Starlooks Cream Shadow. This product is new to the Starlooks line. It isn't yet available to purchase online, so Starbox subscribers are the first to try this out. I got the color Hologram. It is a taupe colored shadow with iridescent shimmer. It does sheer out, but it still has some color to it. The texture is really nice. It is creamy and not too thick. It applies really well, and if you wanted to use it as a base, it works well that way too. This retails for 12$.





I also got the Starlooks Pigment in the shade Tungsten. This is beautiful! It is a really great crease color, if you like shimmer in the crease. It would also be beautiful in the outer V or all over the lid. It is a steel colored base with silvery-green reflects. I absolutely love it. The packaging is not so great, though. It has a hole in the top, but it isn't wide enough to dip anything but a liner brush into. This retails for 17$.






The last makeup product I received this month was the Starlooks Lipstick in the shade BFF. Starlooks always has cute names for their lip products. The actual color is this is hard to describe. It is a peachy kind of nude color with a pearl finish. In a swatch, it is pretty sheer on me. The color may manifest better on a lighter skinned person. The formula is great. It is really hydrating and creamy. The price of this is also 12$





They send out little extras each month, and this month I got a thick stretchy headband. It's great for putting my hair back when I apply my makeup. I have a picture of it on my Instagram.

Remember how I said I got the free gift with buying 3 months boxes in a row? Well, the gift was 35$ off anything on the site! How amazingly cool is that!? I was thinking it would be products like how they gift you for a referral, but this is sooooo great! You get free 3-5 day shipping too! I already placed my order. As soon as it gets here, I will absolutely be posting what I got on here and on IG.

That is everything for February's Starbox. I'm really happy with all the products I got. I paid about 17$ for this box and received 41$ worth of products. Getting makeup this way is such a great alternative to paying the full price for it. Click here to see my December Starbox review and swatches. I did get a box for January, but with work and school starting, I didn't do a post on it.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment