Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mary Kay Lip Products Review

Hello again! Today I have a review over 2 Mary Kay lip products I recently received. Mary Kay recently launched their At Play line, which features makeup products for only 10$ each. It's a line geared towards teens and young adults that like a bit of color in their makeup and aren't just wanting to wear neutrals.


First up of the Mary Kay At Play Lip Crayon in Coral Me Crazy. The color is super pretty. I'm not sure why, but with this product I thought it would be drying. It is the complete opposite. It glides on like butter and you don't need a lot for a subtle orange tint. The lip crayon isn't incredibly pigmented, but I don't think it was meant to be. It give you a nice wash of color and some moisture on the lips. It has a slight orange scent.



As far as packaging goes, it is really simple and sleek. They didn't over design at all like some companies do. I love that the writing on the crayon is a berry color instead of plain black. The end cap of the crayon shows you what color it is, and it matches almost perfectly to the color on the tip. The cap is clear plastic and does look a little cheap, but it's a flexible plastic, so it feels really sturdy and like it won't break any time soon. I do have one complaint about this product: it isn't retractable. To get more product out of it, you have to sharpen it. From a makeup company like Mary Kay, I expected to have a twist up lip crayon, but seeing as the At Play line is relatively new, it's understandable. 


These lip crayons come in a few different colors, which you can see by clicking here. I like this one a lot, and I picked it mainly for the color, since I really love orange and coral for spring and summer time. 



Each lip crayon comes with a corresponding gloss. So naturally, I got the Mary Kay At Play Jelly Lip Gloss in the shade Poppy Love. The glosses are a bit more pigmented than the crayons. The packaging is, once again, simple and fuss free. It comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator. The tube is clear with white lettering and a white cap. This cap also looks cheap, but just like the lip crayon, it feels extremely sturdy.



Texture wise, this gloss is really thick. With that being said, it is also really easy to spread. It also isn't sticky. It does have a little bit of tackiness to it once applied, but it doesn't make gross stringy trails between your lips when they part. This lip gloss looks great on its own, or on top of another lip product. To see the other 3 colors, just click here.




That concludes my review of my new Mary Kay At Play lip products. I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope you come back soon. If you have any Mary Kay products to suggest to me based on what you've seen from my Ipsy posts, Instagram, or other blog posts, just leave me a comment below. Until next time.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment