Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Color Blocking: A Nail Art Tutorial

I had a screen shot of a mani I had seen on one of my favorite Instagram pages. If you'd like to see the original, just click the link to my Instagram. Her account will be linked in my post. It was such a pretty mani that just a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to do because I didn't have the tools or the know-how. So let's just get into the tutorial today and quit blabbering!

What You'll Need:

  • Base Coat
  • Beige Polish
  • Gold Shimmer Polish
  • Sky Blue Polish
  • Gold Glitter Bomb
  • Black Polish
  • Top Coat
  • Nail Striper
Step 1: Like always, apply your favorite top coat.

Step 2: Put 2 even coats of a beige polish on every nail. 


Step 3: Apply 1 coat of your gold shimmer polish one every nail. 


Step 4: Using the sky blue polish and a nail striper, make rectangles and boxes of all different shapes and sizes on each nail. 


Step 5: After cleaning the striper completely, outline the blue boxes with black and/or create new ones of varying size on all your nails. 


Step 6: Repeat step 6 with a gold glitter bomb polish, or use loose glitter and a clear base. 


Step 7: Apply your favorite top coat, and clean up around the edges of your nails. 



I really hope you liked this tutorial. Come back for more!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment