Thursday, June 25, 2015

City Color Cosmetics Sunkissed Trio Review & Swatches

It's time for a review! Yay! I really like doing reviews. I always find reviews helpful when looking into buying a new product or when looking to find a new product you think you might like.

I found this at my local Five Below store. If there aren't any of these in your area, these are also available on the City Color website, Amazon, or eBay. The pricing does vary quite a lot from site to site, but at Five Below, it'll cost you 5$, max.


There are 4 different color combinations: Golden, Tan, Natural Nude, and Bronzed Peach. I have Tan. Looking at these in the store, I chose the one with the deepest bronzer and the highlight that would look the best on dark skin.


Blush:
The blush is a really pretty, every day dusty mauve color. I'm a bit tanner than I usually am because it's the summer, but in the winter, I think this would be a great color for when I want a really natural looking blush color. Right now, it just adds a bit of a sheen and just barely lightens my cheeks.

Bronzer:
This is the selling point for me. It's really hard for brown girls to find a good bronzer. This one is great! It does contain a sheen, so I couldn't use it to contour, but as far as shade match and application go, this does an amazing job. The powder is fairly soft and it applies really nicely. My skin doesn't look orange at all when I wear it. It just looks bronzed and beautiful.

Light:
I'm still on the fence with this highlight. It isn't the worst I've used, but it doesn't even come close to the best. I was really excited about using this when I first got it. When I finally tried it out, I was stoked to see how it looked on my cheeks. It does have glitter in it, but that doesn't bother me. I like a really intense highlight. But the second time I used it, I realized that the glittery goodness I thought I was getting was nothing more than an overspray. The highlight, itself, has the same great texture as the blush and the bronzer, but I'm just not super excited to see that I was essentially lied to.


Pros:
cruelty free - large enough pans to fit a brush - great color selection - good pigmentation - affordable - good for a range of skintones - great texture - easy to blend

Cons:
inconsistent pricing - glitter overspray on the highlight - kicks up product in the pan - cheap packaging

Rating:
8.5/10


Kiss, Kiss.
-A

1 comment:

  1. American Chain Discount Store Five Below opens mid-morning and closes late evening. It can be difficult to find a common timing which most of the locations follow. For the sake of your five and below hours convenience, we have jotted down general hours of operation for most of the stores during regular weekdays. The Stores adjust their working hours by a slight margin when there is a need of doing so i.e. if a holiday comes between Normal working days.

    ReplyDelete