Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette Swatches for Brown Girls

Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog. So today I wanna show you something you've probably already seen, but had to post about it. Being a brown girl, it's hard to find a lot of beauty blogs or YouTube channels that I can really relate to. I'm just a regular girl who has a true fascination with makeup and beauty. I do these reviews and swatches of "older" products for those you who are like me and are waiting for something from another POC before they spend money on something that won't work for them.


I bought this on the Coastal Scents website in a bundle. You can see what all I got here. I'm not positive how much I got the bundle for, but this palette is almost always on sale for about 20$. You can buy this directly from Coastal Scents, Amazon, or the Birchbox Shop.

Aside from the Revealed 2, Coastal Scents also has the original Revealed Palette, as well as the Revealed 3. I don't own either of those, but I'm considering picking up the 3. The Revealed 2 just has colors that really appealed to my romantic side. You can do so many different looks with this, and all the shades look amazing on my skin.



Packaging:
This palette is made of cardboard, but that doesn't make it look or feel cheap. It's very thin and compact, which makes it great for travel. The logo is simple and not overdone, and the palette comes with a magnetic closure.


Color Scheme:
We all know this palette was supposed to be a dupe for the Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay. You can find comparisons almost everywhere if you Google search it. These shades all go together really well. The way they are laid out in the palette looks great and also make for easy color combinations.


Shadow Finishes:
There are 20 shadows in this palette. 7 of them are matte, including a medium brown and a black. That leaves us with 9 satins and 4 shimmers.


Pigmentation:
All of these shadows have really amazing pigmentation. There isn't one of these that I have to work to build the color. The lighter shades may look a bit ashy on darker skin, but they blend out well enough that if you were to use them, it would look just fine. The staple shades like the copper, matte browns, and matte black all have lovely pigmentation and aren't chalky.


Pros:
magnetic closure - travel friendly - great pigmentation - shade range - range of finishes - great value - blendability


Cons:
no mirror


Rating:
9.5/10

The only thing I would change about this palette is the fact that it doesn't come with a mirror. If it did, it would be the perfect palette.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A


No comments:

Post a Comment