Monday, April 6, 2015

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette - Swatches and Review

I have always been a huge fan of The Balm since I first heard about them from Makeupd0ll. She used their TimeBalm Primer and Concealer like crazy when they first came out, and she was one of the first to talk about the Nude Tude palette when it came out.

Today I'm talking about an oldie but goodie: the Meet Matt(e) Nude matte eyeshadow palette. When I started out doing my makeup, I was all about color and shimmer. You couldn't tell me a complete look required a matte shadow. I would have proven you wrong.


As I progressed in my skill and needs, I moved into the world of matte eyeshadows. I've been eyeing this particular palette for such a long time. The first time I saw The Balm on Hautelook, this palette was on there. I had planned to purchase it, but it was sold out. Naturally, I picked it up this last time The Balm was featured on the site, and I don't regret it one bit.


Let's talk about packaging. The Balm has infamously adorable packing, reminiscent of the 1950's. It is always outstanding. I can never just toss the outter packaging of one of their products until its worn and starts looking bad. On the front is a very handsome looking man with great teeth. The back side lists all the high points of the palette, as well as the different colors.


Texture is always great with The Balm's shadows. These are no different. Some shadow does kick up when you dip your brush into the pans, but fallout on the eyes is minimal. All of these have excellent pigmentation. I haven't found any of these to be patchy, either.



Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Until next time...

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment