Thursday, April 2, 2015

My Current Skincare Routine for Combination Skin

I really love skincare. It's part of my daily life and how I continue to have nice skin. I really enjoy watching videos on YouTube about the things other people use and how they work for them. I did a post like this ages ago, and some of the things I have changed. I don't tend to really stick to certain products. I enjoy using a variety brands and a variety of products to get a feel for what's out there and to keep my skin guessing. Plus, I'm an addict and I buy a ton of things.

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub (Morning Only)
I love face scrubs. I like the feel of this on in the morning. It's very gentle and feels lovely on puffy skin just after you wake up. I've had this for a while. I first got it in an Ipsy bag. After finishing the sample size, I had to buy a full size of it. Since then, I had pushed it to the side, but have recently rediscovered it. I'm currently trying to use it up.


Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover (Night Only)
Since this has a makeup remover built in, I use it before bed. I still have a separate makeup remover, but this is good for getting any leftover residue from mascara and liner. It's gentle enough to use around the eyes. It doesn't irritate me at all, but you don't wanna get it in your eyes.


Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
An oldie, but goodie. This is my very last bottle of this stuff. I haven't worked for Proactiv in a year, but I do really enjoy their products. (You'll see a few more. I promise.) This toner doesn't expire. It has good stuff like witch hazel, glycolic acid and, aloe juice. I've never had any issues with this, and may pick up more in the future.


Proactiv Clear Zone Body Lotion
Don't worry. You can use this on your face. I use this as an acne treatment. It's got 2% salicylic acid, which is safe for face and body. I'll use this on my back, chest, and shoulders in the warmer months. It has a decent smell, nothing too strong, but it smells fresh.


Proactiv Advanced Daily Oil Control (Mornings Only)
I told you I use a lot of Proactiv products. There are still a few more. This is a product I absolutely love. It actually keeps me way less oily that I would be normally.  I only use it in the morning, because it would be a complete waste to use it at night.


Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator
OMG I freaking love this moisturizer. It feels so good on the skin. It has this gel-like texture, and a little goes a really long way. It has 0.5% salicylic acid, but it doesn't smell like an acne treatment. It applies like a really rich moisturizer, but doesn't make your face look or feel greasy.


OWN Refining Moisturizing Night Cream (Night Only)
I have had this for soooo long. I'm a few weeks away from finishing it. It's lasted for so long because it's so hydrating. You only need the tiniest bit to cover your whole face. I use this to help keep the aging the process at bay.


Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (Morning Only)
I got this in a set for Christmas last year. I like it because, not only does it have a correcting salmon tone, but it also has caffeine in it to de-puff the undereye area. I'm almost out of it, and I either need to find a replacement product or bite the bullet and buy a new one.


Proactiv+ Eye Brightening Serum (Night Only)
I should probably be using this in the mornings, but it can be used both day and night. I use it to help combat my dark circles. It's really emollient, and a little goes a long way. I feel like this product works right away.



Hope this was helpful for all your oily skinned gals out there. Until next time...

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment