Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Review Post - January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Sorry I'm late in posting this, but I didn't get my bag until the middle of week 3! Both my mom and sister got their bags a full week before I got mine. Thanks Ipsy. Let's get on with the review.

The Goods:

I really didn't like makeup bag this month. I completely understand what they were trying to do with the design, but it just didn't translate well. It was supposed to be a skyline of skincare and makeup products. It failed. The color of the bag is nice, and if it had been an actual skyline it would have been a really cute makeup bag.


This first product I was really glad to get. It was the Willa Naturals On The Go Gentle Cleansing Lavender Face Towelettes. I am always willing to try new make remover wipes. There were 10 in the packet, which is plenty to figure out if you like the product or not. They also sell these in a 30 pack. The smell was pleasant, and they took off my makeup pretty well except for my mascara. That's no big deal to me since I have eye makeup remover pads anyway. They were well moistened, too; not too dry and not too wet. The only problem I had with them was the size of the actual towelette. I like to have something I can physically cover my face with. Other than that, these are a really great product.
The wipes are hypo allergenic, paraben and sulfate free, non-comedogenic, and contain aloe and green tea extracts. This basically means it's safe for any skin type. The wipes won't irritate the skin or cause you to break out, and they will keep your skin feeling hydrated after you use them.
[]Pass [X]Buy


Up next is another hair product from Healthy Sexy Hair. While I like this brand, I'm getting tired of getting products from them. I like trying out new hair products, especially conditioners, but some variation in the brand given out would be nice. Anyway, the actual item I got was the Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. This stuff smells really good. It comes in the typical spray bottle format, which I have no problem with. It doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or crunchy or anything when it dries. The sample bottle was 1.7 fl oz. Full size bottle is 8.5 fl oz.
[]Pass [X]Buy


This next product is probably my favorite out of the bunch. It's another item from Mica Beauty Cosmetics, but this time it isn't a loose eyeshadow! I got the Tinted Lip Balm in the shade 05 Natural. It a very neutral lip color. It's a lip colored pinky-mauvey-beige, if that makes sense. It does dry to satin finish. I have really chapped lips, so with this I have to also wear a lipgloss.
[]Pass [X]Buy



The only other makeup product in this month's bag was the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Pencil. I got it in the shade Penny. It is right up my alley. I absolutely love bronze and copper shades for my eyes. The color payoff is really great, and once it sets, it will not budge. After swatching it on my hand, it didn't come off when I went to wash it. This is an eye product you'll definitely need makeup remover for. That being said, it would be perfect for the waterline. The only drawback on this is that it needs to be sharpened. It looks like it twists up, but sadly it does not.
[]Pass [X]Buy




Last is the Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion with Argan and Rosewater. We've gotten one other product from Nourish Organic before and it was a hand lotion that smelled heavenly. This product is not lacking in the smell department. It reminds me of the Origins Gin Zing facial moisturizer in both texture and smell. This might have a bit more of an orange smell to it though. It would moisturize well if I weren't so dry. So if you have normal to oily skin and want a light moisturizer, this is the ticket. It's fast absorbing and smells wonderful.
[X]Pass []Buy



Price Summary:
Willa Towelettes - 4.50$
Healthy Hair Spray - 3.59$
Mica Beauty Lip Balm - 20.00$ ???
Elizabeth Mott Pencil - 6.99$
Nourish Organic Lotion - 6.47$
Total: 41.55$ USD

Overall, this was a solid bag. I hated the actual bag, but the products inside were pretty nice. I don't like that none of the products were full size, but there wasn't a really tiny sample either. I'll have an actual swatch on my lips of the Mica Beauty lip balm on my Instagram. I would really appreciate a follow! Until Next time!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment