Monday, June 15, 2015

Birthday Night Face!!! 6.13.15

I told you this week's face would be special! I turned 23 this past week, and my birthday was on Saturday, so I wanted to share with you guys what I did for the special occasion.

Base


After washing and moisturizing my face, I went in with my SheerCover Base Perfector all over the face to even out the texture. On top of that I put the Rimmel Fix & Perfect 001, also all over the face to help mattify.

Eyes


As always, I primed my eyes with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The eyeshadow palette I used was the Galaxy Chic Palette from BH Cosmetics. I used B3 from my Balm Voyage palette with an Eyeshadow Crease Brush from Icing. I placed Jupiter all over the lid with my Coastal Scents BR-C-N02 Brush. Then in my outter V, I put the shade Neptune with an elf Defining Eye Brush.


On my lower lash line I ran the LA Colors Eyeliner in black through my lashes. With my Studio M Crease brush and the color Mercury, I smudged the liner and smoked out the lower lash line. In my waterline, I used a no name green eyeliner.


For my mascara on both the upper and lower lashes, I applied 2 coats of the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I had stopped using this mascara for a few weeks and went back to it for how full and black it made my lashes look. Then I found out this was why my eyes had been watering back them. So, unfortunately, as much as I like this mascara, I'm going to have to remove it from my collection.

Face

I did a bit more contouring and highlighting than I normally would for this look, but my foundation base is the same. I used 2 layers of my Maybelline Fit Me all over the face and blended it out with a damp beauty sponge. Underneath that, I used my Shany Cosmetics lipstick in 01 to color correct around my mouth and under my eyes and blended it out with my elf Small Stipple Brush. For my concealer, I went in with the LA Girl Pro Concealer in Toffee. I applied it under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on the center of my forehead, and on my chin. With the pointy end of my beauty sponge I blended the product.


For my contour I used the Black Radiance Concealer Stick in 8003 Dark. That went into the hollows of my cheeks, along my hairline, and down the sides of my nose. Then I went in with my elf Contouring Brush to blend it all out. I used my finger to blend out my nose contour. Taking the beauty sponge again, I set my undereye concealer with the Be A Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder. Using the Mary Kay Mineral Foundation Brush and my City Color Mineral Powder in Mocha to Mahogany, I set the rest of my face.


On my cheeks I applied the City Color Be Matte Blush in Blood Orange using a fluffy powder brush from Coastal Scents. For my highlight, I use my very loved and very gorgeous Betty-Lou Manizer from The Balm. I placed this on my cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, and chin with my Laura Mercier Mini Fan Brush.


Brows


Brows were on fleek for my 23rd! After combing through them with a spoolie, I went in and carved out the bottom edge and the tail with my elf Cream Eyeliner in Coffee. Over that, I used the cooler shade from my City Colors Bold Brow Kit to fill in the rest of the brow.

Lips


I lined my lips, first all over with the Starlooks Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in Naked, and then just the perimeter with my trusty Wet N Wild Chestnut liner. My Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Light Year went on all over the lips. I applied the Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Xtreme gloss in Sheer Bare to finish off the look.

I hope you guys enjoyed this! See you again next week!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment