Wednesday, January 7, 2015

City Color Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palette - Review and Swatches

City Color Color Cosmetics has been popping up all over the place in subscription services and on beauty channels this past year. I recently discovered them at my local Five Below, and had to pick up a few things. One of the first things I wanted to try out was this eyeshadow palette. This particular palette format comes with 10 shadows weighing 1.25g each.


The shadows are deep, smokey colors that are a mix of satins and shimmers. This palette also comes with a mirror covering the entire top of the case. The packaging is slim, sleek, and fairly sturdy, which makes it good to pack for travel.


Overall, my favorite colors in the palette are the burgundy on the top right, and the demin blue on the bottom left of the palette. Those two colors just speak to me as shades I would wear on a regular basis.

top row of shadows

As far as quality of the shadows goes, I would rate this palette a 7/10. Some of the shadows are chalkier than others and just don't swatch well. The darker blue shade doesn't transfer well, and the green shimmery white is really chalky.

bottom row of shadows

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment