Thursday, September 19, 2013

Product Review - September 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

And we're back with another Glam Bag review!
Ya'll know how much I love my Ipsy subscription, but for the second month in a row, I'm a bit disappointed. With all the different products they were offering this month, I'm not sure why so many people got a lot of the same thing, or why I ended up with products that I won't use.

Let's get started!

The theme for this month's bag is classic beauty. The actual makeup bag this month is super cute! I love getting a new bag to put all my stuff in every month. You basically got everything you need to create a look, minus the face products. In my bag, I got a skincare item, lip product, and  and three eye products. Everyone got a little pamphlet from Em Cosmetics with little sample swatches as well.

And here is the lovely blue bag!


Starting with the face, I got three Freeman Beauty Paper masks in Blue AgaveA La Rose, and Star Fruit.
"Transform skin from dry to dewy! Serum-enriched paper facial mask contains soothing Blue Agave to soften and rehydrate. Ultra-hydrating Hyaluronic Acid and Allantoin help give skin a refreshed look and feel for a smoother finish."
I absolutely love skincare products, especially masks! So I am uber excited to use these bad boys!
[]Pass [x]Buy


Eyes come next for me, so I would then apply my shadow.
"Thanks to our high-fashion, high-intensity pigments, our signature pressed shadows pack a punch of color, yet are incredibly easy to blend. Go edgy or understated effortlessly, and enjoy the luscious, long-wearing color from sunrise to sunset... and beyond."
I got the NYX Single Eyeshadow in the shade Hot Crystal. I love eyeshadow and I love shimmer, but not a white shadow. With my skin color, I'm not sure how I would actually use this. So it will be a gift.
[]Pass [x]Buy


My new Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in the shade Obsidian.
"Dramatically emphasize your eyes with Starlooks' intensely-pigmented Kohl Eye pencils! These untra-soft liners glide across delicate lids without pulling."
I had gotten one of their lip pencils and it was super smooth, so I am really excited to be getting something else from Starlooks. I'm really glad it's in black, but really any color that's not white works for me.
[]Pass [x]Buy


Lashes come next. We all got the Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara.
"A unique formula that lengthens and curls your lashes, without smudging! Maintains mega colume for the whole day, and is easily removed."
I'm a little upset over getting mascara two months in a row, especially when the Pixi mascara was crap, but this one I really like. It doesn't give me much volume, but the color is pretty black and once it dries, it doesn't leave my lashes feeling hard and clumpy. They're pliable and soft, and that is something I can really appreciate.
[]Pass [x]Buy


Lastly come lips. My last product is the Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Big Apple.
"Indulge in colors that last and formulas that enrich! Formulated using "3D Smart Film Former", this untra matte, super moisturizing lip balm offers you rich colors with amazing staying power."
I had gotten their gel liner in a previous bad and absolutely loved it! The packaging for the lip balm is the same, and it is adorable. My problem with this is the color. I do not wear red. I wear pink and purple and nude and orange, but not red. This will be a gift as well.
[x]Pass []Buy


Price Summary:

Freeman Masks (FULL SIZE!) - 5.97$
NYX Eye shadow  (FULL SIZE!) - 4.50$
Starlooks Eye Pencil  (FULL SIZE!) - 12.00$
Elizabeth Mott Mascara - 8.00$
Cailyn Lip Balm (FULL SIZE!) - 19.00$

Total: 49.29$

Thanks so much for stopping by again. Stay tuned for more hauls and reviews.
AND a little surprise in the near future^-^

Kiss, Kiss.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment