Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Haul Post - Ballin' On a Budget!

I know I'm not the only one out there that can't afford Mac and Nars and YSL.
Almost all of my makeup is from the drugstore except for a few select things that I've grown to love like my Mac Pure Zen lipstick and my Sheercover foundation and primer. The most I've ever spend on a single makeup product is the $22 I spent on my Sheercover foundation. It's not that I'm cheap (I may be but we will see about that), it's that I don't have a lot of extra money laying around to buy cosmetics and beauty products with.

I already said the vast majority of my makeup is from places like CVS and Walgreens and Meijer, but sometimes I will find some amazing things at the dollar store too. The Dollar Trees in my area have started carrying elf and LA Colors as well as some Milani and Maybelline items. And since they're at the dollar store, guess how much they cost... ONE DOLLAR!!!! You can't beat the price, and stuff you find there isn't bad, especially if you're a beginner to makeup or just don't have a lot of extra cash.

So all of the items in this blog post were found at a Dollar Tree or at a Five Below.

The Goods:

e.l.f. Natural Lash Kit - 1$
These, you can pick up at the dollar store, Target, or online on the e.l.f. website. They're good for beginners to falsies. The lash glue sucks though haha. For that I would recommend Duo Lash Adhesive.


L.A Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow in Iris - 1$
Also found at the dollar store! The palette is small, compact and sleek looking. It comes with a sponge tipped applicator, but I usually throw those away.




e.l.f Matte Lip Color in Coral, Natural, and Praline - 1$ each
Go Dollar Tree! These retail for 3$ each on the e.l.f. website. So I totally got these for a steal! They're skinny lip crayons that twist up. The colors are all really similar, but they are good everyday lip colors that aren't super dry.




L.A. Colors Value Kit  in Glisten - 1$
If you think I got this at the dollar store then you're really smart! This value kit has 2 mini blushes and a little brush. The brush is going to my 3 year old but I'll get some use out of the blushes. One shade is a bright pink and the other is a dusty peach with a slight shimmer.



e.l.f. Essential Bronzer with Brush in the shade Bronzed - 1$
I picked this one up from the dollar store, too. The e.l.f. website lists it for 2$, so I saved a dollar on this. This bronzer has the tiniest hint of shimmer in it which makes it good for everyday use. e.l.f. does offer it in a shade darker, but for finding the second darkest shade in a Dollar Tree, I think it's a great find.



e.l.f. Essential Blending Eye Brush and e.l.f. Studio Small Smudge Brush - 1$ each
I am super happy I found some more eye brushes! You can never have enough, you know. e.l.f brushes were the first brushes I ever bought, and I still really love their blending brush. It is one of my favorites. It does what it's supposed to do. I didn't own a smudger brush before now, so I'm really excited to add these to my collection!



Funky Fingers and Fresh Paint nail polishes in Puffo Gelato, Partly Cloudy, and Square Candy - 3 for 5$
These were the only things I did not get at the dollar store. I got them at the almost dollar store haha. I just discovered Five Below. I don't know how, but literally I figured out this place existed the day before I bought these. I've seen Funky Fingers on IG, and I've always wanted to try them out.





Well that's everything! I will try to do a makeup look using mostly dollar store products. That should be easy after this haul. ^-^ Make sure you check my YouTube channel to see if I've uploaded any new videos.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment