Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review Post - Ipsy Glam Bag November 2013

I have been waiting all week for this to get here!!!! I was super excited to get this bag this month. It was amazing. I did an unboxing of this bag the day I got it. You can check that out here if you'd like. The video quality is kind of crappy, but I'm working on that haha. Anyway, since I did the unboxing the day I got it, here is my review of the products.

The Goods:

Alright, let's start off with the bag. It is super cute this month! It's gotten mixed reviews from other subscribers, but I personally am really loving it. It's completely different than the other bags we've gotten this year, at least since April's bag. I love that it has the little strap so you can actually use it as a clutch. I will absolutely get some use out of it.


First product I pulled out of my bag this month is the Starlooks Gem Pencil in the shade Topaz.
"Starlooks' extremely popular Gem Eye Pencils are created with a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be easily used as liners as well as eye bases! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish. Available in 6 brilliant glistening shades."
I really wanted Amethyst, but this liner is so dang pretty! I will absolutely be getting some use out of it this holiday season. I goes on fairly smoothly and the color pay off is phenomenal! It is a tiny bit patchy but that's nothing another small swipe can't fix.
[]Pass [X] Buy



Next is the Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Dramatic Volume Mascara in black.
The website has no description for the product, but it does have several reviews that are good. The overall rating is currently 4/5. I would probably give it the same rating. It doesn't give as much volume as I would like, but it lengthens pretty well for me. I am disappointed to have gotten yet another mascara in my bag. I would rather have had the lip balm or the liner, but a free full sized product is a free full sized product!
[X]Pass []Buy




I also received the Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in the shade Shameless.
"Burgundy – A burgundy with shimmer"
I was soooo excited to get this and try it out. I really have been loving lip crayons lately. They're easy to use and store, and they usually stain, which makes them long lasting. The color is this is beautiful and perfect for fall. I am definitely excited to be adding this to my collection. The lasting power is pretty good too. I wore it to work the other day and it was at least 4 hours before I had to reapply.
[]Pass [X]Buy




My "or" product this month was the GlamGLow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment
"This mud mask leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing. It works with the body's natural moisturizing collagen to provide gentle resurfacing exfoliation and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. While providing tighter skin texture and tighter pores, it provides a more youthful appearance and absorbs impurities without removing natural oils. "
This stuff is bomb! It feels freaking amazing on your face! Its gritty so you can exfoliate with it before or after you let it set. It also has the pieces of tea leaves in it that give it an interesting texture. If it wasn't so expensive, I would buy gallons of this stuff!!!
[]Pass [X]Buy



So part of the reason I initially signed up for Ipsy was to get nail polish and cosmetics. They tend to give out Nailtini, but since my first bag way back in April, I have gotten none until this month!!! I got the Nailtini Straight Up Color Lacquer in the shade Champagne. I was really hoping to get the silver colored one, so I swapped with my friend Amber for the silver. The formula is good, but the color looks washed out against my skin. This swatch is 2 coats. 
[X]Pass []Buy


The last product from this month's bag is the Pixi Beauty Bronzer in the shade Summertime. I am super excited to have another bronzer! I've been using the Milani Baked Bronzer in 06 Golden and I really love it. The only problem I have with it is that it's shimmery. That was fine when I bought it at the beginning of summer, but not that winter has set it I really want something more matte. The Pixi bronzer is matte and the color is dark enough for my skin! Yay!! It doesn't give me a crazy bronze/contour, but it does the trick. If there was one they offered just a shade darker it would be perfect.
[X]Pass []Buy




Price Summary:
Starlooks Pencil (FULL SIZE)- 14.00
Em Mascara (FULL SIZE)- 20.00
Be a Bombshell Crayon (FULL SIZE)- 14.00
GlamGlow Mask - 20.29
Nailtini (FULL SIZE)- 13.00
Pixi Bronzer - 5.64
Total: 86.93!!!!!!!

I will definitely try to film a look using the products in the bag. We will see how that goes haha. This whole filming thing is hard, but be sure to check my channel for a video! Overall, I really loved this month's bag as far as size, selection, and value go. I cannot believe how much we got this month! If you'd like to try out Ipsy, click here to take the style quiz and get started with your first bag! Thanks for reading.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment