Monday, May 26, 2014

May 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

So here we are again with another Ipsy Unboxing! I was incredibly excited for this month's bag! The spoilers were so good. There are a ton of brands featured this month, some familiar and some not. I already knew this month's bag wouldn't disappoint. There was no one product I wouldn't have been happy to get.

I absolutely love this month's theme for the month, which is "Fresh Picks." I think everything that we got this month has natural ingredients or is really great for the skin. I'll detail the good stuff in what I received as I go through my bag with you guys.


To go along with the theme, the bag for the month is made of a burlap kind of material and has a really organic leaf pattern on the front. I've heard a lot of people were not fans of the bag this month, but I absolutely love it! I think it's super cute and is perfect for going into the hot summer months.


The Goods: 

Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo 1
I was a little sad at first that I didn't get the other color duo, but I do really love the one that I got. My mom ended up getting the darker blue duo, and I got the lighter one. The colors don't swatch the way they show up in the pan. I thought it would be a shimmery white and a light shimmery brown. They actually show up as a gorgeous purple shimmer and a light white gold color. I cannot get over how pretty these colors are!

Pacifica as a brand is cruelty free, vegan, and uses natural mineral coloring.




Hey Honey Take it Off mask
I was pretty excited to get another mask in my bag this month. This mask is a peel off mask. I have none of those, lol. It has a slightly sweet smell to it, but isn't overpowering when you put it on your face. It's easy to apply and easy to take off. It wasn't the best mask I've ever tried, but it does the trick. I like for my masks to be really refreshing or really deep cleansing. This didn't give me either feeling.

This mask is paraben and SLS free.


Pur~lisse Pur~moist hydra-balance moisturizer
Dead. I'm dead. I never thought in a million years a brand like Pur~lisse would be in my Ipsy bag. Dead. I love trying new skincare, as you guys know. This is a great size sample for such an expensive product. It feels almost like a gel when it goes on. You don't need a lot, either. Just a pea sized amount covered my entire face, so this sample is going to last me a while.

This moisturizer has Lotus Lupine 5, Vitamin E, and a blend of French Marine plants.


Derma-e Microdermabrasion Scrub
This is a product I've used before, so I already know that I really love it. I traded with a friend when it was last featured in an Ipsy bag. Since then, I've used up the sample and then bought a full size of it. The half size lasted me about 6 months. I've barely dented the full size, so I have plenty of microdermabrasion in my future!

Derma-e boasts vegan, cruelty free, paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, gluten, lanolin, and GMO free products.


Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen
This isn't the most exciting product ever, but it is definitely a summer necessity. The packaging on this is absolutely adorable! I love the bright colors. As for the product inside, it is most definitely sunscreen. There isn't much else to say about it.

Hang Ten is oxybenzone, paraben, retinyl palmitate, and synthetic fragrance free, as well as non greasy and non nano.


*BONUS* bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
I finally got enough points to get another bonus item! This is the second bonus item I've gotten in the year that I've been subscribed. The last time it was a Lime Crime nail polish. This time I got a lipstick in the shade Light It Up. It's a gorgeous red-orange color.




Price Summary:
Pacifica Duo - 4$
Hey Honey Mask - 7$
Pur~lisse Moisturizer - 16.50$
Derma-e Scrub - 16.25$
Hang Ten Sunscreen - 2.16$
bareMinerals Lipstick - 18$
Total: 45.91$USD

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment