Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Purge: Primers

It is time for another installment of my makeup declutter series. We're obviously focusing on primers today. I have a good few, and I know I don't use them all. I'm also pretty sure a few should be thrown out. We shall see!

These first three I use every the most. I'm trying to finish them off. They are Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer, SheerCover Base Perfector Primer, and Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer. I use these for different reasons, and I usually use them in unison. The Pixi primer is more luminous. I use it on my cheeks because they're dryer. The Dr. Brandt I use on my nose, under my eyes and the apples of my cheeks. The SheerCover I can use anywhere. I'm almost done with the Dr. Brandt, and the SheerCover, so you should see them in my next makeup empties.




I have 2 Rimmel primers: Fix & Perfect 001, and Stay Matte. I used to really enjoy this primer. It has a really nice feel to it, it moisturizes, and my skin looks a bit healthier after I put it on. I'm going to try to use this on days where I don't actually wear makeup to cut down on the shiny look I have after I apply my moisturizer and sunscreen. As for the Stay Matte, I need to give it another go this summer. I didn't get much of a chance to use it last summer.



I have a single primer from Proactiv. It's their Smoothing Primer. I really really liked this when I first started using it. Now, it has too much of a slippy feel to it, and it's really thin. I'm gonna pass on this one.


Is anyone surprised that I have the Maybelline Baby Skin or the L'Oreal Pore Vanisher? These are the two best pore filling primers I've ever used, and they're drugstore!!! Baby Skin feels so good. It also has a powder-like finish to it. If you don't like the slippy feel of Baby Skin, Pore Vanisher is a great alternative.



My elf Poreless Face Primer is still fairly new to me. I still haven't really given it a chance to see how I feel about it because I've been trying to finish the first 3. I'm obviously keeping this one.


Three of my primers are unopened. Go figure. Two are the SheerCover Base Perfector and the other is the Julep Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer. I have mixed feelings about giving up both of the Base Perfectors, so I'll keep one and pass the other.



The last of the bunch are all samples, two of which are Korean. I've got Witch's Pouch Real Skin Moisture Ampoule Base, Verikos Ultra Matte Velvet Primer, and sample packet of the Pore Vanisher. I had another Witch's Pouch sample and I liked it. I've been saving this one to remind myself to buy some online. I am amazed at how mattifying the Verikos primer is. I NEED to buy this in its full size, but whenever I go online to look for it, I can't find it.


Starting Number: 15
Ending Number: 13

I don't feel bad about this declutter like I have about the others where I haven't gotten rid of a lot of things. I'll be finishing 2 of them in the next few weeks, and 3 of them are samples. So really I only have 8 primers to work with. I'm totally happy about that. (About a week separates the time that this post was worked on and when it went live. Within that span of time, One of the smaller primers had been used up. Check back to the next empties for which it is ;))

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment