Thursday, May 28, 2015

Head & Shoulders Moisture Care Line Full Review

I've had the Head & Shoulders Moisture Care line for about 4 weeks. In those 4 weeks, I have used the line about 4 times. The first time I tried out the line I did a first impressions post. Check it out here. Since you've read up on my first go with the products, let me break down how I feel about it now.

I've used this entire hair line both my itself and with other products. Just to put it out there, I do really like the line. This is the very first dandruff line that I've used that actually worked for me. I only wash my hair about once a week, and even in only using it that often, it still worked really well. I have noticeably less flakes, and my scalp itches way less.


Ok. Let's start with the Moisture Care 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner. Like the bottle says, it fights irritation and flakes from dandruff while moisturizing hair. I never thought I would find these qualities in the same product. This was the only part of the line I didn't use by itself. My hair is too dry for me not to use a conditioning product after a shampoo. If you have incredibly oily hair, you could probably get away with using this on its own since it has the conditioner built in.


Of the 7 benefits listed on the bottle, I can't say that it doesn't do any one of these. I have far less issues with my flaky scalp, my hair looks and feels amazing after usage, and I feel like I could use a whole other post to talk about the scent. Coconuts are pictured on the packaging, and let me tell you, the coconut scent is heavenly both in and out of the shower.


Now, let's move on to the Moisture Care Co-Wash. This is basically liquid gold. I have never seen a co-wash that also fights dandruff. It only has half as much active ingredient as the shampoo, though. I did use this on it's own just a few days ago, and it is just as good without the shampoo as it is with it. On a scale of 1-10, the richness of this product is about an 7.5 to me.


This piece of the line was the real test, for me. I need my conditioners and co-washes to leave my hair feeling really hydrated and healthy. I didn't see that on the first use, so I was a bit disappointed. Once I used it for the second time, I was sold. I think the initial use of dandruff products on my hair and scalp dried them out. The second time, I believe my head was ready for it and the product got to work the way it was supposed to.


The third, and final, product of the line is the Moisture Care Scalp Soother. The name for this product is perfect, because that's exactly what it does. The instructions say to use it either straight after shampoo and conditioning or whenever you feel the need to itch. I use it most of the time in between washes. When I feel like I need to use this, I know it's time to go in with the shampoo and co-wash again.


For some reason, this works so well on me. I absolutely love the way it tingles on my scalp, especially when my pores are still open after I get out of the shower. I only had to use this a handful of times between washes, though. It feels just as good on a dry scalp as it does on a wet one. 


Along with the line, I got a 3$ off coupon to pass along to a friend. If I don't give it to my mom I'll be keeping it for myself to buy another Co-Wash and Scalp Soother. 


Getting down to the very core of this review, I would absolutely recommend this entire line. Not only did it do what it said it would, but it works really well. My hair doesn't feel dry in the least, and there is no residue from any of these three products. 

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment