Monday, February 22, 2016

February 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing

Welcome back guys! I have some bad news for you: this is going to be my last Ipsy bag for a while, because I finally decided to unsubscribe. I've been contemplating this for a while. Last month's and December's bags didn't convince me to stay, so this will be my last review unless I decide to subscribe again in the future. I've been a subscriber since April 2013, so it's been a good run.


February's theme is Pretty in #IpsyPink. Of course the theme had to be cute and girly for Valentine's Day month.The bag reflects the theme too. The front is a textured with a black background and white envelope with a heart in the center. The back is plain hot pink. I'm not a fan of this bag at all. It's definitely getting passed along. 


Let's go through the products from least exciting to most exciting starting with Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer. This eye pencil is teeny tiny, coming in at a whopping .5 g. It's a nude shade to brighten the waterline. I have probably used nude or white in my waterline twice, so this won't be getting a lot of use from me. 


The other item I have zero interest in is the Passionate Pink Lip Pencil from Chella. It's a deep pink, almost red, color, and those just don't suite me. I would have been happier with another of their brow products. 


From Jersey Shore Spa is the Anti Aging Lip & Hand Polish in the scent Vanilla Bean. I thought this was a moisturizer at first, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's actually a scrub. The first ingredient is brown sugar, which is promising. It shouldn't be very abrasive.

I am always up for a new brush. I got another brush from Luxie this month, but this time it was the 221 Flat Definer. Like all their other brushes I've tried, the bristles are super soft. I have high hopes for this in using it to smudge out the lower lash line.


Smashbox recently released their new Photo Finish Primer Oil, and I got a sample of it in my bag this month. I'm pretty interested in this oil. Looking at the ingredients list I see a ton of different oils and extracts that went into this for added skin benefits, so the claim that it will reduce fine lines and help skin retain more moisture after 4 weeks of use is definitely believable. 

My last product of the month is a bonus item. I redeemed 1000 points for the Pur~Lisse Pur~Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer. I'd gotten a sample of this from one of subscriptions in the past, and I really like Pur~Lisse products in general. 

Price Summary - 
Paula Dorf Pencil: 9.09
Chella Pencil: 9.00?
Jersey Shore Spa Polish (FULL SIZE): 25.00
Luxie Brush (FULL SIZE): 12.00
Smashbox Primer: 5.46
Pur~Lisse Moisturizer (FULL SIZE): 55.00
Total - 60.55$ USD

I may resubscribe in the future, but I think it's time to move on and try out some different subscription services. If you wanna check out the very first Ipsy Glam Bag I ever posted, just click here. Until next time...

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment