Thursday, February 11, 2016

New Ready Meals from Prego and Pace!

I don't normally do food reviews on my blog, but I had to talk about these new Ready Meals from Pace and Prego. Just a bit of background info before we start: I'm a BzzAgent. That means I sometimes get chosen to review product for free. That's the case with these Ready Meals. If you'd like to sign up to review everything from pasta and juice to razors and mascara, BzzAgent is free to sign up. 


Prego and Pace are owned by the same parent company, so it makes sense that both would have a Ready Meals line. The Prego Ready Meals are more Italian style, whereas the Pace version is more TexMex. When I was selected for this BzzCampaign, I was given the choice between 3 Prego meals, 3 Pace meals, or 2 different combinations of both. I chose the option with 2 Prego Ready Meals and 1 Pace. I knew I needed to try one from each, but my heart already knew that when I purchased these myself, it would only be Prego.



Just to get it out of the way, I want to start with the singular Pace Ready Meal of the bunch. I ended up with the flavor Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla. I was surprised with how much I liked this one. I thought it would be my least favorite. The rice was cooked well, and the sausage wasn't rubbery. I really enjoyed this. The good thing is that this particular meal only has 290 calories, but it will definitely fill you up.



Marinara & Italian Sausage Rotini was the only Ready Meal I didn't eat. It just didn't appeal to me as far as looks and ingredients go. I'm sure if I wasn't pregnant, I would have eaten it, but the baby said that didn't look good, so I didn't eat it lol. I gave it to my mom to take with her to work. This one has 390 calories, which is still great for a single serving meal for those on a low cal diet. 



My very favorite of the bunch was the Creamy Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini. You had me at cream sauce. I just couldn't help myself. This was the very first one I ate, and then I immediately regretted it. I wanted another. There was more than enough sauce, which is amazing since I feel like most microwavable meals sacrifice on sauce to save calories. This badboy had a ton of sauce for only 390 calories. Take notes, other companies!

You can find Prego and Pace Ready Meals at your local Walmart and Target stores. Pros of this product are the short prep time, flavor variety, and low calorie count. Cons: it doesn't come with a fork. #FirstWorldProblems

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment