Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Algenist Algae Brightening Mask

Sephora doesn't play when it comes their Favorites collections. I finally decided to pick one up, and I got the Skincare Rituals. In it was this little cutie. Algenist is a line I've never tried before. Masking is totally my thing, so this was right up my alley.

I went into Sephora to get my birthday gift, and saw this! It's the Sephora Favorites Skin Ritual set. I had to have it lol. It's such a good deal with all these travel sized items to try out. Trust and believe that there will be mini reviews on every single one of these products over the next few weeks. I'll list what comes in the kit below! . . . 💧#Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser . 💧#Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash 💧#Marula Foaming Facial Oil 💧#PeterThomasRoth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 💧#Glamglow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment. . 💧#Algenist Algea Brightening Mask . 💧#KateSomerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream. . 💧#OleHenrikson Sheer Transformation Face Creme . 💧#FirstAidBeauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum. 💧#Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield . . . . #skincare #Sephora #sephorafavorites #blackcleanser #checksandbalances #foamingcleanser #cleansingoil #ptr #irishmoormud #mudmask #facemask #cleanser #algea #thirstymud #sunscreen
A photo posted by Aramicah "Mikey" Johnson (@aplaceforthese) on


Claims: Exfoliating, nourishing, brightening, hydrating

Ingredients: Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Ilite, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Silt, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Algae Extract, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract, Sea Water, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Glucosamine HCl, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium (Orange) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Chromium Oxide Green.

My adorable 10 mL sample from the kit.


Some notable ingredients are alguronic acid (polysaccharides for anti-aging), brown algae (reduces wrinkles and whitens), blue green algae silt (reparing old cells and build new ones)


Process: Sephora's website says to smooth onto clean skin in a circular motion. Then rinse off after 10 minutes. Use once or twice a week.

A quick peek inside to see the olive green color.

Performance: I couldn't take the mask off at the right time. I was tending to my son. That mask stayed on for a good 30 minutes or so the first time I used it. Putting it on, it feels kind of gritty, but it does contain 2 kinds of clay. It has a fresh scent to it that I really like. When I finally got around to washing it off, my skin felt AMAZING! It was so incredibly smooth and soft and not dry at all. I find that clay masks suck all the moisture out of my skin, but this is absolutely hydrating.

It has a whipped texture.

Final Thoughts: The jar this comes in is glass, even for a 10mL sample. That says a lot to me. That says this company invests in it's products and likes to have happy customers. I really want to try out more from this brand based on what this mask did for my skin.

Because I have to show you my face.

Where to Buy: Algenist | Sephora | Ulta | Amazon

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment