Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bright "Welcome To Spring" Ombre Nails

So it's been like a month since I did a nail tutorial, and I thought, hey why not! It's still cold and stupid outside in Indiana, but in honor of the spring that's SUPPOSED to be here, I did this really bright ombre nail design with rhinestone accents.

Supplies:

  • Base Coat
  • White Polish
  • Orange Polish
  • Lime Green Polish
  • Pink Polish
  • Top Coat
  • Makeup Sponge
  • Rhinestones
  • Dotting Tool (optional) 

Step 1: Apply your favorite base coat to your nails. I'm using L'Oreal One Stop Base 200.

Step 2: Paint all of your nails with 2 coats of white nail polish. Make sure the polish is completely dry before moving onto the next step. I'm using LA Colors White.


Step 3: Take your makeup sponge and paint a stripe across the sponge shortways. Do this for all three colors making sure to overlap them a little. The nail polish will sink into the sponge so be sure to apply a few layers. I'm using Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, Dreamy Poppy, and OPI Did It On Em.


Step 4: Roll the sponge across the nail.


Step 5: Repeat steps 3 & 4 once the first layer of color has dried completely to make the color more opaque.


Step 6: Clean up the excess polish around the edges of the nail.


Step 7: Add a drop of top coat near the cuticle of each nail. Place a single rhinestone on each nail. Add a second rhinestone to the ring finger directly below the first.


Step 8: Apply top coat to the entire nail, coating the rhinestone as well.  I'm using Out the Door.



I hope you liked the tutorial. Please come back and see what I've got next for you guys. Follow me on Instagram for more nail pictures!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment