Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 2014 Starlooks Starbox

I'm so glad I put of the last up my Starlooks Loyalty Rewards purchase last week, because a few days after I did, I got my March Starbox in the mail! This month's box was curated by Ashley Hackman. She has a Youtube channel that you can check out, as well. I've been subscribed to her channel for a little over a month now, and she broke the news a few weeks ago that she was going the be featured in this month's box.

This month's physical box was different from the usual Starbox boxes. This month it was black with red lettering. The entire layout of the front was different. Usually the box cover is really simple. I've never gotten a special edition Starbox before, so this was new for me.


Inside, there is always a card detailing what comes in the box and a look using the contents. This month, the look was very classic and neutral. Starbox has started giving out different things in their boxes, like if you got a liptsick, you could have gotten 1 of 3 shades. For this box, since it's special edition I assume, everyone got the same thing.


There were three items included for this month, but no extra. Bummer. I've come to enjoy the little extras they give us.


The first item to come out of the box was a lipstick in the shade Boss. The site says it has a satin finish. It's a very bold, bright, orangey red with a tiny bit of shimmer. I don't have a swatch of it, because I don't like red lipstick so I'm giving it to a friend. I considered keeping it for the packaging alone. It has Ashley's name on the side in a cute cursive font. All three products have specially made packaging this month.




Because red lipsticks tend to run or feather and are generally hard to keep on your lips, a lip liner was also included in this month's box. The color is Cherry Cedar, which is a rusty, dark cherry. This I am keeping. I put it on and wore it with a nude lipstick I had that tends to wash me out. It made the color more of a mauvey nude, which I liked.



You can't rock a red lip without black eyeliner. We got the Longwear Eyeliner Pot in the color Black Hole, which is, you guessed it, a black cream liner. It goes on glossy, but dries down to a matte finish. It does not move once it sets, either.





Baby girl wanted to do her own swatch, lol.



The total retail value for the March Starlooks Starbox was 37$. Any single item almost pays for the price of the box. If you'd like to see what Starbox has to offer before you decide to subscribe, here are links for the February Starbox and the things I got from my Loyalty Rewards (Part 1 & Part 2). Come back and see me!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment