Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Real Techniques Sam's Picks Brush Set

I'm so freaking excited about these brushes! These are my very first Real Techniques brushes. After hearing such good things about them, and just never being able to get to Ulta, I found them on one of the shopping apps I use called Wish. They have a billion different things ranging from beauty items to baby items, and everything is super cheap. So when I saw this Real Techniques Sam's Picks set, I about died and immediately ordered it.


The set comes with 6 brushes: 2 face liquid/cream product brushes, 2 powder product brushes, and 2 eye brushes. One of the eye brushes is exclusive to this set. I really love that they included 2 of each kind of brush for you to try out.


Starting from left to right in the box are the 2 powder brushes. The first is called the Multi Task Brush. The shape is domed but its flattened on one side from the ferule being pinched. I can see where it got its name. I could see using this brush for bronzer, blush, or just setting the entire face. It has a medium density where you could hold plenty of product on it, but it's fluffy enough to blend with.


The other pink handled brush is called the Setting Brush. This is the one I'm most excited to use! I don't have a designated setting brush, and I've been meaning to get the Morphe M320 to try and just haven't pulled the trigger. This one looks like it's the perfect size to fit under the eye. It's super fluffy without being flimsy, so I have a feeling this will work really well.


Moving on to the orange handled brushes, the first is the infamous Buffing Brush. This is the very first brush I remember hearing about from Real Techniques. I typically use a flat top kabuki, stippling brush, or beauty sponge to apply my foundation, but I'm intrigued by this more rounded shape. I think I'll really enjoy it because it's so similar to a flat top.


Next up is the Pointed Foundation Brush. I assume you would use this to apply your foundation and use the Buffing Brush to blend it into the skin. I don't much care paddle brushes. In the time I've been wearing makeup, I only remember using a paddle brush when I first started wearing makeup. Even then, I preferred to use my fingers because they did a better job. The only way I could see myself using this brush is to apply concealer when highlighting or contouring.


First up for the eye brushes is the Sam's Picks exclusive Essential Crease Brush. Crease or blending brushes are my favorite type of eye brush. They're so versatile and so completely necessary to create an eye look. I find that I buy these the most. This brush is so soft. It would be great for applying a color to the outer corner or directly into the crease because it's so small.


The last of the brushes is one that I already own! The Fine Liner Brush looks like a really skinny pencil brush. It's about twice the size of a typical liner brush to me, but I don't mind that at all. I tend to use angled liner brushes when I apply gel or cream liner, but i do like having the variety because I never know when I'll wanna switch things up.


My final thoughts on this brush set are that it is a really nice set for both beginners and pros. It comes with some brushes you wouldn't get in your standard brush sets.The quality of these is amazing. I love the metal handles and the fact that the ends are rubberized. The bristles are all incredibly soft.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment