Sunday, January 31, 2016

elf Haul!

You guys know how much I love elf Cosmetics. They have been killing the game lately with all their new releases, and I obviously had to pick up some stuff. I made a purchase around Christmas and then another around mid January, so this is a bit of a collective haul. Out of all this stuff, sadly, I've only used one thing. I've had so much other stuff to try out because of Christmas stuff, but I also don't like using products before I haul them. So let's get into it!


Recently, there was an awesome sale on their website where any skincare purchase got free shipping. This was right after they released the new products in their skincare line. The thing I was super intrigued about was the new Hydrating Bubble Mask. I mean, come on! This has my name written all over it! I'm almost done with one of my masks I'm using right now, so this will be going into the rotation for review very soon.


After I added that to my cart I saw that they were running a promotion on their Skincare Essentials Kit (which is no longer available on the website) that included the Daily Face Cleanser, Soothing Serum, and Daily Hydration Moisturizer. Normally priced at 27$, they had a code that dropped it down to 10$! I've wanted to try out their skincare line since it came out, and this was the perfect chance to try it out.



I purchased a couple of base products to try out. First is the SPF 20 Sunscreen Face Primer. I would hope I don't need to explain why I got this. It has a similar silicone feel as their Poreless Face Primer, but with SPF! For my lighter days, I got the Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 in the shade Mocha. They offer 8 total shades with one darker than mine. For a concealer I wanted to try the Maximum Coverage Concealer. I got it in the shade Tan, which may be a bit light. Aside from that, I got the HD Mattifying Cream Foundation in Almond. Just from swatching this, it looks like a really good shade match.




For lippies, I got a ton of balms! From their Conditioning Lip Balm range, I got 3 shades: Romantic Rouge, Peaceful Pink, and Mellow Melon. I really like all three shades. They're great to throw on when you want a little bit of color. I have almost every nude shade of their Matte Lip Colors, so I got a hot pink! It's the shade Fuschia.


Since I have all the original colors from the Lip Balm Tint line, I picked up 2 more colors in Pink Princess and Rosy Rocker. And because I've never tried any of their lip liners, I got the shades Mauve Luxe and Bitter from the Long Wear Lip Liners. The liners swatched really well. Bitter is super gorgeous.


I added 3 new brushes to my collection, too. I love all of the new brushes they've come out with in the last year. The Blush Brush is especially soft. I am stoked to give this things a try! For setting the undereye, I got the Small Tapered Brush because I thought it was the perfect size and shape to fit under the eye. For my bases, I got the Ultimate Blending Brush. I might actually end up using this for powder or bronzer just because of the size.



The last couple of items are newer to elf as a company, except for my refill of the original Lip Exfoliator. I swear by this thing. If you need a good lip scrub, give this a try. New to me are the Beautifully Bare Blush in Peach Perfection, the Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Deep Brown, and the Perfect Finish HD Powder in Sheer.

Needless to say, I got a lot of stuff! I'm gonna try these out one by one (or all at once!) some time soon. Check back with me for reviews on some of these in the near future. I've had a couple of elf hauls in the past, so if you wanna see those just check the archive on the right side of the page.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment