Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 2014 Starlooks Starbox

I am so excited about this month's box! I literally have been neglecting looking at things for this month's subscription boxes. I remember looking up the the Looks Book for this on the first, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I haven't thought about it since. So as the title suggests, this is what I got in my April 2014 Starbox.

If you don't know what Starbox is, it's a monthly subscription service that is all makeup. You always get full size products, but they are all from one brand: Starlooks. The cost is 15$ per month, plus about 3$ in shipping. They also have a referral program where for every person you refer, you get a surprise gift that has a few other makeup items in it. Also, every 3 months that you get your box, you get a free 35$ gift. If you see a box you like, you can buy it individually for 25$.

So here is the actual box this month. It's tan with a green ribbon and purple logo this time. I love these boxes. So this one is going into the pile from the past 5 months.


Each box comes with a card detailing what is inside. The front of the card has a picture from their Looksbook for the month.


There were only 2 makeup items this month, though, which is strange for Starbox. The first item was the Lip Gloss in the color Pout. It has a satin finish and is a burnt orangey-red color with a bit of red orange shimmer. It isn't sticky at all, but it is thick enough to stay on your lips and wear really well.



The second item I was super excited about! It's another one of their 5 Shadow Palettes!!! I absolutely love their eye shadows. They are so buttery and pigmented. I got the palette in the color combination Tokyo.





Last, is the bonus item. Every month they send you something small and cute to go with all the things in your box. This month, since it's finally spring, they send a packet of wildflower seeds.


Even though there were only 2 things in this month's box, I'm still really happy with it. I would have been happy with only getting the palette since it retails for 41$ on its own. The total for both products is 53$ and I only spent 18$. If you were interested in signing up for Starbox, just click here to take the style quiz.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment