Saturday, April 5, 2014

Then & Now!: A Nailart Recreation Pictorial

Hey guys. Welcome back! Today I've got a pictorial for you on a really basic design that I first did about 16 months ago. I've seen a lot of "then & now" posts on IG lately, so I decided I should do one myself just to see how much I've improved. So let's get started.

Supplies:
Base Coat
Dusty Purple Polish
Olive Green Polish
Black Polish
Dotting Tool
Top Coat

Step 1: Apply your favorite base coat to all of your nails.


Step 2: Paint all of your nails, except your ring finger, with 2 coats of the dusty purple polish. On your ring finger, use the olive green color.


Step 3: Using your dotting tool (or a toothpick or a bobbypin), make irregular spots on the outside edge of your middle and pinky finger nails with the green polish. Make green spots over the entirety of your thumb nail.


Step 4: With a slightly smaller dotting tool, dot around the edges of the green spots you just made, to make a leopard print pattern. Use the black nail polish for this.


Step 5: Apply your favorite top coat to all of your nails.

Step 6: Clean up any excess polish around the nail, and apply cuticle oil, if you'd like.


For comparison, here is what this mani looked like the first time I did it.


I think I've made a bit of progress, haha. Thanks for stopping by. If you like post like this, please share, or leave me comments down below if there are any specific designs or post ideas you'd like me to do.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment