Friday, August 16, 2013

DIY Post - Lip Scrub

Oops, I did it again! I went a week and a half without a blog post. Well here we go again...

This time I'm gonna do another new thing and make a do-it-yourself post!
I have desperately wanted a good lip scrub, and I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg for it.
Just Googling "lip scrub" gives me results where the least expensive scrub is 7$.
Uhm... No.
So I decided to just make my own with things I had around my house. The only thing I had to go out and buy was a container to store it in.

Supplies:

  • Small screw top container
  • Coconut oil
  • Honey
  • Granulated sugar
  • Spoon
In the clean container, 

add 1 1/2 tsp of sugar,

 1/2 tsp of honey,

 and 2 tsps coconut oil. 

Combine until you get an even consistency. 

Since coconut oil if a solid at room temperature, you may have to heat it a bit to get it to soften up to a point where you can incorporate the sugar and honey.
If you want a grittier scrub, simply add more sugar. 
Then just allow it to set again, either at room temperature or by putting it in the fridge. 

To use, just dip your finger in and rub this all over your lips! Because it's made entirely of food, you don't even have to rinse afterwards. Just lick those lips!

With DIY things that contain any kind of food, be sure to look out for any funny smells or molding. If either of these should occur, throw out your scrub and make a new one. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this little tutorial!

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment