Thursday, July 10, 2014

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Review

I recently posted a haul on my YouTube channel, and the Maybelline Dream Pure BB is one of the products I got. I've had it for about a week now, and I've worn it everyday I've worn makeup, so here are my thoughts. Just as a refferance, I do have combination/oily skin.

First I wanna talk about the packaging. The shape of the bottle is exactly the same as the Dream Fresh BB that Maybelline previously released. It still has the shade on the top of the bottle that fades to white, but those are the only similar things about the two products. Dream Pure has a blue top and lettering with matte packaging. It is 30 mL or 1 fl oz. It is oil free and has 2% salicylic acid to help control oils and fight acne.

As a disclaimer, I did prime my face with the L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher in my t-zone, and the Sheer Cover Base Perfecter on the rest of my face. I also Powdered after with the NYC Smooth Skin Loose Setting Powder in Transluscent.

Here is my bare face after it's been washed and moisturized. (~10:30 am, natural light from my bedroom window)


Here is one layer of the bb cream applied with my fingers. I've tried it with a sponge and with a paddle brush, but it gives the best coverage when you use your fingers. As you can see, it gives a noticeably matter finish to my skin.


This is what It looks like at the end of a 5 hr shift delivering pizza. (~9 pm, natural light from inside my car) It still looks pretty good! I didn't have to blot my face at all, nor did I touch it up. It doesn't have a matte finish anymore, but the coverage is still there. It didn't separate anywhere, either.


Overall I would give this product a 9/10! It has really great coverage for what it it, and it really does mattify your skin. The only thing I don't like about this product, is that it doesn't have SPF. Nonetheless, this is something I would absolutely repurchase. I love it, and you'll probably be seeing it in my favorites post for this month.

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment