Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Simplest Nail Art Tutorial I've Ever Done

When I say simple, I mean it! There are only 2 steps to this tutorial besides base and top coat. So it is definitely super easy to do! I've always loved negative space manicures, and they were always too hard for me to do because of the common designs I would see on Instagram and Pinterest. This is my take on negative space nail art that requires no skill at all.

What you'll need:
  • Base coat
  • 5 nail colors
  • Dotting Tool
  • Top coat
Step 1: You know the drill by now. Put on a base coat. Gotta protect those nails!

Step 2: Pick a color out of the five to be your color to show case. I chose a pinky-purple color by Sinful Colors called Out of Bounds. Apply 2 coats of this to your 2nd and 4th fingers, as well as your thumb. 


Step 3: Use your dotting tool to place dots in random spots on the remaining 2 nails. Do 2-3 dots of each color you've chosen. Leave some spaces between the dots for the negative space effect. The remaining 4 colors I used were Chinaglaze Electric Beat, Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, Sinful Colors Let's Meet, and LA Colors White. 


Step 4: Apply your favorite top coat, and clean up any extra polish around the nail.


That's it! I told you it was simple. 

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment