Friday, July 31, 2015

The Purge: Loose Shadows and Pigments

Hey, y'all! It's time for another makeup purge! Today, if you couldn't tell from the title, we're going through my pigments and loose shadows. I'm gonna break these up by brand. Make sure you check out a few of my declutters (Drugstore Palettes, Primers, Blushes).

First off, I've got these no name loose shadows that I got for Christmas a while back. I've got 6 shades, and I'll be swatching them in sort of a rainbow pattern. So the first 3 are warm tones: a dusty pale pink, a dusty orange pink, and a golden taupe. I don't much see myself using the middle shade, so that one will be given away. (I'm not sure why, but some of my swatches are backwards. Oopsie.)



The other 3 from the same line are a lime green, a silvery purple, and a sparkly charcoal. The lime green is definitely not staying. I used to love colors like these for my inner corner or my lower lash line, but I find my style is a bit more toned down than it used to be. I really like the other two, and I think the chacoal would be great for a smoky eye. 



I have 3 pigments from Starlooks: Penny Wise, Platinum, and Tungsten. These are super similar in the container to the last 3 I just swatched, but once you get them on the skin, they look completely different. I love all three of these, and the swatches don't do these any justice at all, especially Penny Wise. Platinum is the more silvery colored one, whereas Tungsten is more of a deep steel.



From Mica Bella Cosmetics, I have 3 beauties to share: Rendezvous, Earth, and Java. Rendezvous and Earth are quite similar, but Earth has more of a purple to it, whereas Rendezvous is more pink. Nonetheless, they are both gorgeous. Java has to be my favorite of the three though. It's a duochrome brown/blue and I just love it to pieces. 



My last two are from different brands. The first is from Bella Terra, and it's called Emotion. The second is CB011 from Bare Minerals. Emotion is a beautiful, full on, royal purple. I could never bring myself to part with this. The Bare Minerals shadow is a peachy orange, but in the swatch it shows up more peachy beige. I like this in the crease as a transition color because it has no shimmer to it. 



Starting Number: 14
Ending Number: 12

I got rid of 2 pigments. Yay me! I know, I know. I only got rid of 2 of them, but I still have fewer than I started with, and that's good enough for me. 

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment