Thursday, July 9, 2015

All Gone!: The Makeup Edition

You guys would not believe the amount of makeup I've gone through! I am so incredibly proud of myself for using up this many makeup items in this short of a time. The last time I did one was back in January, but that's also only been 5 months! Just click here to see it. Before that, my last empties post was from back in April 2014, so I think it's about time since I feel like I've accumulated a ton of stuff.

Nails



Ok, so most of these aren't actually empty. I just cant use them anymore for one reason or another. I once tried creating my own polish with that LA Colors Topcoat. That didn't work so well. I really enjoyed the Sally Hansen base. I don't remember noticing any difference in my nails, but I would buy it again. I adored both of these top coats from Julep, the glossy one in particular. It just gave such a great shine to the nails and dried really quickly. As for the nail glue, it was nail glue. 

Face



I can't say I hated any of these products. I absolutely love the Base Perfector and have 2 backups of it. I had this in my Project Mini Pan, and I finished it in less than a week after the update. The primer from Dr. Brandt was good, but it's super expensive and I didn't like the look of it going on. I'm pretty neutral on the elf clear mascara. It had just the tiniest bit of hold, and both sides were identical. Between the two concealers, I would definitely repurchase the Fit Me and I already have a back up of the duo. I only really use to duo in the warmer months because it's such a dry consistency. 

Eyes

Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner - Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara - Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara - elf Lengthening & Defining Mascara - Benefit They're Real Mascara - Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - Wet N Wild MegaProtein Mascara 


Just to get it our of the way, I hated both the Wet N Wild and the elf mascaras. The one from WNW was super wet and didn't really do anything for my lashes except make them darker. The one from elf did the same thing except it was a dry formula. I wouldn't repurchase either. I love They're Real and the Tarte mascaras. I have a mini backup of each. Scandaleyes was decent, and I really liked Big Eyes after it dried out a little. It was initially way too wet. That Milani eyeliner is the highlight of this section. It is super black and the tip is really precise. 

Lips



This section is super boring, but I'm always happy to finish a product. The only one of these I didn't particularly like was the Sally Hansen. It never really sunk into the lips. It just kind of sat on top. So I only used it while putting on makeup so that my lips wouldn't be super dry when I went to put on lipstick. The other two did their jobs well, but they weren't anything life changing. 

Kiss, Kiss.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment